Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The oracle

I cannot have done more, cannot have done less to get her. She is everything for me. The only girl I live and care for. She is so beautiful. Her smooth shiny skin, jet-black hair, those large black eyes, her incredible smile displaying her white evenly set teeth. Her lithe figure, the perfect figure, her skirt clinging to her waist and hips, she embodies all that which brings happiness to the heart thanking the heavens that there is perfection.
I could look at her for days, struck by her face, I could listen to her speak forever, watching as she spoke each syllable, her tongue touching the roof of her mouth, the way she winked sometimes when she said something, her lips stained with the wild berries we ate together, the times I accidentally brushed her smooth hand. I was not in love with her. No. I was happy just to gaze at her, just to look at her and drink on her beauty.
I could drink wine and not be intoxicated but I could look at Swathi and be so. Yes her name… Swa- thi… said separately in two breaths. The only two breaths that made life worth living.
And yet when my doctor says she is a figment of my imagination, I want to kill him, but I will not do so, because Swathi went away because I killed so many others when they said she is a lie. I have not seen her since. Maybe if I control my temper she will come back. Nobody can call you a lie Swathi. You are the only truth. you are the only real thing in this fraudulence.

Come back…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She wont... for she has found peace in me now!

:P

Excellent one.... Just loved this post...

freudian slip said...

thanks ice!!!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting piece of work...refreshingly different...you must submit more of such stuff to our magazine;-)

freudian slip said...

thanks varun! I hope i can contribut something worthwhile to the mag. but the profs wont like such audacity